Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Kindergarten Pumpkin

     This week I chose and decorated the theme for our classroom pumpkin. My class has been reading the book, Fly Guy for a few weeks, so I decided that we should make a Fly Guy themed pumpkin.  The students absolutely loved planning for, decorating, and talking about the classroom pumpkin.  I think that it is really important to include activities that help build community in the classroom.  I really saw how this activity helped students talk to each other about their likes and dislikes, and engage in discourse about the things that are going on in our classroom.
     Last Thursday, I began teaching for almost the whole day.  I think the hardest part has been gauging the student learning.  I have been really utilizing formative assessments constantly to make sure that my students are learning content.  It is also amazing how quickly the day goes by when you are teaching for the entire day.  It is extremely difficult to fit in all of the activities that we've planned, but we try to get to everything  before the week ends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment