Sunday, October 4, 2015

Teaching my way into a new season

It is amazing to see that we have already made it to October!  The amount of time that I spend teaching has increased, as well as my responsibilities in the classroom.  The transition has been great, but at times I can tell that it is hard for students  to adjust to the change.  I think that because of this, it forces me to find a style of teaching that feels most comfortable for me and not mimic the style of my cooperating teacher.  When I teach lessons that include elements that I have created, it always seems to be more successful than those that I am teaching solely from the lesson plan.  
     It has been challenging to work on my EDTpa, lesson plans, and keeping up with all of the responsibilities of being a teacher.  As I go through each task for EDTpa, I have tried to not only be reflective on the mini-unit that I filmed, but also on my teaching as a whole. I thought about how the strategies and philosophies of teaching can be implemented in an effective way in the way that I teach every day.  I think that it will be most important to remember that these strategies are not just vague concepts that we have learned about in books, but best teaching practices that we use to help our students learn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment