Monday, November 16, 2015

Teacher Toolbox

     Lately I have been thinking about how my time as a student teacher is coming to an end, and how I have been filling my Teacher Toolkit with tidbits that I have learned along the way.  I think more than anything, I have learned the importance in giving students instructions and directions in a way that will help them understand objectives.  The instructions that I give my students have been the ‘make’ or the ‘break’ of every lesson that I have taught.  Each time I teach something that I feel that the students have not quite grasped, I think back on the instructions that I have given my students and how they could have been more clear or said in different ways to help my students.  I think that learning how to give clear and concise directions to students will be something that will help any grade level that I teach.  Whether they are kindergartners or eighth graders students need to be able to understand what their objectives are, this also decreases the amount of misbehavior that comes with students who are confused by what their task is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment