Sunday, November 8, 2015

This week in Kindergarten

    This has been a great week in Kindergarten!  After being sick for a few days the week before, I really missed being in the classroom with my students.  Since taking over the classroom, I have been planning and preparing for my lessons on a nightly basis.  Teaching goes far beyond the classroom.  What happens outside of the classroom is as important as what happens within.  Making yourself well versed in the academic language for your teaching and being prepared for the downtime and transitioning in my classroom makes our days run smoothly and helps me to ensure that my students are learning.
     In two weeks, I will experience my first parent-teacher conference as a student teacher.  I have been making notes about the students, and preparing portfolios to help my cooperating teacher speak with the parents about.  As a parent and as a instructional assistant parent-teacher conferences can be daunting.  As a parent, you pray that your children are not only doing well academically, but are also doing well socially and behaviorally.  As an assistant, I was always the 'back-up' of the opinions that the teacher has about the students.  As a teacher, you want parents to know their child's successes, challenges and next steps.  The students in my classroom are great, and I hope that each parent comes away with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment