Last Friday our
school had their first school improvement day of the year. The students were released at noon, and the
principal held a meeting for the entire staff.
It was interesting to see the camaraderie amongst the staff. Each month three teachers take on the task of
hosting lunch for the day. As the
teachers ate and talked they discussed the needs of their students, the
challenges that they faced in class and problem solved solutions. I have attended many schools in service days,
but it was interesting to see the dynamics in a different school. I found the teachers here at Kimberley
Heights very supportive of each other. I
also think the Principal does a great job of maintaining the needs of the
school, while still encouraging each teacher’s style of teaching. I also enjoy how the school incorporates the
community in school activities. The
neighborhood fire chief is retiring and the school rallied together to have all
of the students sign a huge banner and surprised the chief with cake and ice
cream. It was a great way to show
students how to have respect for authority figures, instill pride for
community, and rally around an important community figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment